Sunday, March 21, 2010

Elaina's first birthday







We went to America unexpectedly on the 24 of January. We went to be with my family due to my grandma being very ill from her cancer. She passed away while we were on our flight there. It was a very hard time for me and my family. She had lived with us since I was a baby. It was especially hard for my mom, aunts, and sisters. She is in Heaven now and pain and cancer free praise God. I had a wonderful time with my family and really did not want to leave. Being there made me see how much I had missed the past two years. It made me feel guilty for not being there to help my mom as she went through this for the past two years. I know that my mom and grandma both understand why we are here. I know that they do not harbor any hard feelings for us being here. I miss them though in a very real way. So not getting to say goodbye to memaw was very hard, but I will see her again in Heaven and I can not wait! The time with my family I will cherish we shared many good time over the two weeks we were there.



While we were in America we were able to celebrate Elaina's first birthday a little early. It was a huge blessing to share her first birthday with our family because we do not get to do that often. It was a little last minute planning but everyone was able to come except one of my sisters and her family. We missed them and wished we could have seen more of them but with a busy family it is hard and we understood. Over all we had a very good visit. We are glad we went home to be with my family. Thank you Jim and Joyce for letting us invade your home yet again.

No comments: